- Santana Row- “Project of the Year”, Builder Magazine
- Gold Nugget, “Grand Award for Best Mixed Use Project – Santana Row, Paciic Coast Builders Conference
- AIA Potomac Chapter Award, for Aspect Communications 2004
- Winner of the Fushan River Park Design Competition, a 1000 acre Central Park in Fushan, China with Huan Rong and BLY, 2004.
- Winner of the 10 N. Virginia Public Plaza Project Competition in Reno, Nevada with SVWB Architecture and VWRL, 2003.
- ASLA Northern California Chapter Merit Award for Aspect Communications, 2003.
- ASLA National Merit Award for Union Square, San Francisco, 2001.
- Finalist for the Walnut Creek Veteran’s Memorial Competition with artists Steve Gillman and Katherine Keefer, July 2001.
- Honorable mention for the Harvey Milk Design Idea Competition awarded by the San Francisco Prize and the San Francisco Arts Commission, 2000.
- Contract Award Winner of the Union Square Project for San Francisco, CA.
- San Francisco Prize, 1997, Union Square design competition winner with MD Fotheringham.
- Johnston Residence, San Francisco, CA. Published in Fine Gardening Magazine, 1996.
- Honorable Mention, “Visionary Landscapes” Competition sponsored by Landscape Architecture Magazine, December 1992.
- Drawings selected for Outstanding “Women in Design Professions” Exhibit, Santa Monica, CA, sponsored by California Women in Environmental Design (CWED), January 1992.
- Design award, by Garden Design Magazine at 1991 Landscape and Garden Show for “ComposerÕs Court” temporary installation.
- “Award of Excellence” by NCASLA at 1989 Landscape and Garden Show for “Garden on the Edge”, temporary installation.
- “Best of Show”, Unconventional category, by professional jury for 1989 Landscape and Garden Show held at Fort Mason.
- Honorable Mention, U.C. Davis Arboretum Design Competition, 1988 for “Sculptural Entry” Design.
- Honorable Mention for the New Orleans City Park Arboretum Design Competition, 1986.
- “Todos Santos Plaza Redesign” – one of five firms/teams selected for Stage One of the national competition, 1987.
- Progressive Architecture Citation for “The Terraces”, a continuing care facility, Los Gatos, CA, 1988.
- ASLA National Conference 2007, San Francisco, “Bay Area LEED & Sustainable Projects” – a mobile Workshop
- Chatam College, Pittsburg, 2007, “Sustainable Sites – The Green Revolution”
- ASLA Texas Chapter conference, Houston, 2007, “Sustainable Sites – The Green Revolution”
- Landscape Architecture Days, University of Colorado, Fort Collins, 2007, “Sustainable Sites – The Green Revolution”
- ULI Developing Green Conference, Seattle, 2006 “ Sustainability Entering the Main Stream”
- SPUR, 2006, “The Sustainable Sites Initiative”
- ASLA Louisiana Chapter Conference, New Orleans, 2006, “K + R: Regenerating So. Louisiana- Designing for Integrated Systems”
- ASLA National Conference 2006, Minneapolis, “ The Sustainable Sites Initiative”
- Interrorbang Design Lecture zSeries, San Diego, 2006, “Why Sustainability matters”
- University of California at Berkeley, Sustainable Careers panel, 2005
- ASLA 2005 National Conference, “The Sites Initiative” & LEED FORUM
- USGBC Conference & Expo, 2003 “Site Paradigms”
ASLA-Northern California Chapter: 2002 Professional Lecture Series, “Theories and Insights on Sustainable Works”
- ASLA National Conference, 2002: “Sustainability Meets Technology–New Lessons From the Green Front
- ASLA National Conference, 2002: Led the ASLA’s LEED™ Advisory Committee’s panel discussions on LEED™ and Site Issues
- USGBC International Conference & Expo, 2002: “Sustainable Sites and LEED™”
- ASLA Landonline – Sustainable Design & Development: new ASLA PI Group to bring abstract Environmental cocnepts down to earth” – an interview with April Philips, May 2004
- The Construction Specifier, “The Value of Green Landscape Architecture”, May 2004
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Basics Landscape Architecture 01: Urban Design Read Online PDF
2nd Year Urban Design Project for Landscape Architecture
lumion 3d landscape architecture and urban design